Deviled Eggs..so many ways so many flavors

Who doesn't love deviled eggs?  So good and they just scream holiday meal (though to be honest my family makes them all the time!!)

I normally follow my mother's method which is cooking the eggs, then taking the yolk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper.  I have always added to it just a dollop of mustard.  Yes dollop b/c I have never measured ingredients until the last few weeks..oppsie!

Well when I made these the other day I wanted to expand my cooking knowledge box..so Food Network to the rescue!  I found a recipe from Sandra Lee HERE or you can see it below!

My finished product on my mom's lovely Christmas plate!

DIRECTIONS: Mash 6 hard-boiled egg yolks, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or yogurt, 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy mustard, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon relish and 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture. Top with chopped chives and crumbled cooked bacon.

**I did not have spicy mustard..I had a sweet & spicy mustard that I used.  I did not have plain relish.  I had a sweet pepper relish that I used.I did not have chives..I did not add/use Anything**

Until today I have always taken a spoon and just dipped the spoon into the mixture and then into the eggs.  Well I was watching Paula Deen on Food Network and she showed how to use a plastic sandwich type bag, cut the tip and pipe the mixture into the eggs...LOVED it!  The eggs looked so much better!

Comments