Pork Roast-Salsa style

New dish for dinner tonight and some oldie but goodie sides with a twist!

I wanted to try cooking with my mom's crockpot...sooo I found this recipe HERE or below and made a few changes..but very few..and yummy it was GOOD!!


Cook Time: 8 hours

Total Time: 8 hours

Yield: Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients:

  • boneless pork loin roast or trimmed boneless pork shoulder
  • fresh salsa
  • salt and pepper

Preparation:

Place the roast in slow cooker. Cover with fresh salsa. Add any additional seasonings as desired.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the roast is fork tender.
Eileen's Note:
When I cooked this for the first time, I didn't cover the whole roast so the top crisped up a bit. To decrease the amount of fat, you might consider precooking it.
**The beginner cook AKA ME notes:  I also added spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, onion powder, garlic power, and basil.  I then cooked it on high for an hour, lowered to low heat for 7 hours and then took out and sliced it!!**
Sides~
Mashed potatoes- peeled, cut, cooked with cold water & butter.  Then mashed with more butter, salt and almond milk.  First time with almond milk, not lactaid milk and it was a bit sweeter but oh so good.
Green beans- from a can, but I rinsed three times, covered with water and then cooked with 3 tbsps of splenda, butter and marjoram.  Once I had it to a boil I let it cook down until the water was almost gone.



Comments