Chocolate chip banana bread-Rachel Ray GF & DF edition

 Fall time to me is warm breads, pumpkin items, and chocolate galore.  I love chocolate chip banana bread, but recently have not had it as I must eat gluten free and dairy free now.  However, I found this Rachel Ray recipe for regular chocolate chip banana bread and made a few changes to try it out as a GF and DF item and thankfully it was a SUCCESS!!  

My family and I enjoyed the bread for three days.  Mom and dad had it with coffee and I enjoyed it with my tea.  It held its shape when cut and it was moist for the three days that we ate it.

Her Recipe:

Ingredients
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed banana)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 loaf

Preparation
 Pre-heat the oven to 350°F .
Grease and flour a 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan (or use baking spray, such as Baker's Joy brand).
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix in the oil, bananas and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips (do not overmix!) and pour into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60-80 minutes. Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely, right side up.

My creation of yumminess...so good, moist and tasty!  Lasted 3 days and was moist the entire time.


My Substitutions:

Flour~ same measurements but changed it to Bisquick Gluten Free Flour
Chocolate chip- same measurements, but changed it to Enjoy Life Mini Chips.
Vegetable oil- same measurements, but changed it to Coconut oil.

Comments