Subscription Services- Ipsy in September Review

If you follow YouTube or Instagram you probably have seen or heard about Ipsy.  I had for a while, thought it was cute but just was not sure about subscribing...but then...yes but then...I came across a code for the first month free and BAM I knew I had to try it.

I got my first month in August and truthfully was not impressed, but I felt I should give it a second month ...redid my quiz and I LOVE my September Ipsy bag.
As soon as I opened the pink envelope I was thrilled because I spied with my little eye a GORGEOUS gun metal pleather-esque type clutch.  Even better it was adorned with little studs at the top...the sight of the bag made me hurry to open and see my goodies.

These goodies were quite fun to try and I mostly enjoyed all of them! 
 I received the Hikari lipstick in Cabernet and it is just lush.  I did find it a little dry, but once I put my Mary Kay Lip primer on first the color was fantastic and very long lasting.  

The second item was the Pacifica Natural Waterproof Eve Pencil and this is my favorite product from the bag.  I love it!  It does not irritate my sensitive eyes or skin, is long lasting and I have received compliments each time I have worn it!

The third item was the Be a Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder.  This is a good product.  I have tried it as a finishing powder and it works well, but I like it better to set my under eye concealer.  I am not sure if I would purchase this after I use it up, but I like that it does not have a scent, is easy to apply and works great for a travel size setting powder.

The fourth item is the Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask.  I was beyond excited to receive this, but this was my least favorite item of the bag.  I have very thick curly hair and I truthfully did not feel that the mask worked on it.  I have tried it three times, even changing the shampoo I used before hand, but have not enjoyed the result yet.  My hair has felt greasy and or dry each time I used it.

The final product was Harve Benard Precious Gold for Her perfume roll on.  I do not like the packaging at all, but the scent is quite delicious.  It is not floral, but more musky.  It is quite pleasant to use for a touch up or quickly to feel more fresh before entering a new location.

My Thoughts:
Overall, especially considering the bag, I LOVED this months Ipsy bag.  I will keep my subscription and I cannot wait to see what I get for October.  At only $10 a month I do believe it is a great way to try out new brands, new products from beloved brands and get a fun little bag/present each month.

Additionally they have easy ways to earn points which add up to getting your more products for FREE!! Who doesn't love getting something based off points and not cash? 

If you are interested please check out Ipsy via this link HERE

 I do not receive money for you checking Ipsy out via my link, I do receive points though if you sign up for a bag via my link.  Also, I was not paid nor did I receive anything for providing this review of my Ipsy subscription.

Comments