Obsession in Death by JD Robb, Book Review

General Information
Genre: Suspense, Romance and Futuristic
Publisher: Putnam Adult
Published Date:February 10, 2015 

Book Summary (Per the author's page)
Eve Dallas has solved a lot of high-profile murders for the NYPSD and gotten a lot of media. She–and her billionaire husband–are getting accustomed to being objects of attention, of gossip, of speculation.
But now Eve has become the object of one person’s obsession. Someone who finds her extraordinary, and thinks about her every hour of every day. Who believes the two of them have a special relationship. Who would kill for her–again and again.
With a murderer reading meanings into her every move, handling this case will be a delicate–and dangerous–psychological dance. And Eve knows that underneath the worship and admiration, a terrible threat lies in wait. Because the beautiful lieutenant is not at all grateful for these bloody offerings from her “true and loyal friend.” And in time, idols always fall.
My Thoughts
This is book #40 in the In Death series and each book just keeps on amazing me, captivating me and keeping me engaged in the story line!  Every book has the characters developing more, experiencing new adventures, crimes, relationship issues or growth, etc.

Almost the entire story I was so like what who did it!  What is the catch here!  I truly enjoyed seeing how all the characters rallied around Eve when the messages were left.  I loved how everyone was quick to tell and demonstrate to Eve that the message was not of her doing.  I also thought the was an interesting take on a new criminal and crime.  The best part for me though was how it brought back so many cases, criminals, characters and stories!  It almost was like getting a short blurb about many of the stories along Eve's professional career.

This is a stand alone book, so you can enjoy this even if you have not read the others in the series.  However, the story has much more depth, humor and I feel enjoyment if you know the story-lines, relationships, background behind everyone and their interactions!  This book was fantastic and just leads me to continue saying that this is my favorite book series and one of my preferred authors.

Important Links

Links to Purchase the Book


Disclaimer: I purchased this book with my own money.  All thoughts and opinions are my own!

Comments