Soaring by Kristen Ashley, Book Review

General Information
Genre: Romance
Publisher: Self
Published Date: March 16, 2015

Book Summary (Per Goodreads)
American heiress Amelia Hathaway needs to start anew. 

Her husband cheated on her, and when everything she wanted in life slipped through her fingers, she fell apart. When she did, she took another heart wrenching hit as she lost the respect of her children. 

When her ex took her family from California to live in the small town of Magdalene in Maine, Amelia decided it was time to sort herself out. In order to do that and win her children back, she moves to Cliff Blue, an architectural masterpiece on the rocky coast of Magdalene. 

Her boxes aren’t even unpacked when she meets Mickey Donovan, a man who lives across the street, a man so beautiful Amelia takes one look at Mickey and knows she wants everything from him. 

The problem is, she finds out swiftly that he’s friendly, he’s kind, but he doesn’t want everything back. 

Amelia struggles to right past wrongs in her life at the same time find out who she wants to be. She also struggles with her attraction to the handsome firefighter who lives across the street. 

But Amelia will face a surprise when her friendly neighbor becomes not-so-friendly. As Amelia and Mickey go head to head, Amelia must focus on winning back the hearts of her children. 

She soon discovers she also must focus on winning the heart of a handsome firefighter who understands down to his soul the beautiful heiress who lives across the street is used to a life he cannot provide.

My Thoughts
In my opinion I can't have a favorite KA book because each one I read becomes my favorite until I read another new one or re-read one of my now entire collection that she has created! (Yes I will admit I re-read her books..and quite frequently..that is how amazing I found her stories, writing styles, etc.) 

I found Soaring to be funny, sweet, sad, aggravating and much more.  At times I was cringing for many of the characters (hello first kiss..eckkk!! or the Thanksgiving dinner..yikes talk about a tie for most awkward but lovable moments!)  I loved so many of the situations and by-plays between the characters.  My favorite part though was the tie in of all of the characters from The Will.  So many times I am not ready for a story to be over, so I completely enjoy how KA always has her characters return throughout the series.  Additionally while Amelia and Mickey are the primary characters, I felt as though the secondary characters were just as strong and well important.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what actually was going on with Mickey's daughter..was she pregnant, mad, depressed/cutting herself, etc. No spoilers here so find out by reading but I loved the character development where it had me racking my brains trying to figure this out.  I also loved loved loved Mickey's son..I thought he was adorable!  Amelia's children were just was well developed.  I could read/feel and visualize the change in their dynamic as the story progressed.  Many times I teared up over a conversation or interaction between them.  

Now you may be reading this and thinking..wait a second..a romance story that has this many kids?? but it works and works beautifully!  The relationship and the struggles the two endure on their path through the story are hilarious, poignant, eye-opening and quite endearing.  To put it in "hashtag"speak one might say #relationshipgoals is a defining sentiment to Amelia and Mickey!

Now, for my closing thought for yet another fantastic KA story....will Mickey ever beat Jake?

Important Links:
Author
Facebook
Goodreads
Amazon
Twitter

Links to Purchase the Book

Disclaimer: I bought this book with my own money.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Comments