Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich, Book Review

General Information
Genre: Romance, Suspense, Thriller
Published: November 19, 2013
Publisher: Bantam

Book Summary (Per Goodreads)
New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is certain of three truths: People don’t just vanish into thin air. Never anger old people. And don’t do what Tiki tells you to do. 

After a slow summer of chasing low-level skips for her cousin Vinnie’s bail bonds agency, Stephanie Plum finally lands an assignment that could put her checkbook back in the black. Geoffrey Cubbin, facing trial for embezzling millions from Trenton’s premier assisted-living facility, has mysteriously vanished from the hospital after an emergency appendectomy. Now it’s on Stephanie to track down the con man. Unfortunately, Cubbin has disappeared without a trace, a witness, or his money-hungry wife. Rumors are stirring that he must have had help with the daring escape . . . or that maybe he never made it out of his room alive. Since the hospital staff’s lips seem to be tighter than the security, and it’s hard for Stephanie to blend in to assisted living, Stephanie’s Grandma Mazur goes in undercover. But when a second felon goes missing from the same hospital, Stephanie is forced into working side by side with Trenton’s hottest cop, Joe Morelli, in order to crack the case.

The real problem is, no Cubbin also means no way to pay the rent. Desperate for money—or maybe just desperate—Stephanie accepts a secondary job guarding her secretive and mouthwatering mentor Ranger from a deadly Special Forces adversary. While Stephanie is notorious for finding trouble, she may have found a little more than she bargained for this time around. Then again—a little food poisoning, some threatening notes, and a bridesmaid’s dress with an excess of taffeta never killed anyone . . . or did they? If Stephanie Plum wants to bring in a paycheck, she’ll have to remember: No guts, no glory. . . .

My Thoughts:
Why did it take me so long to return to a favorite series of mine?  I did not read as much (leisure material) while I was in graduate school and after finishing this story last night I am mad about that because it was hilarious!!  I was only into the book by a few pages and already was remembering the cast and how much I enjoy their adventures.

I was laughing out loud (may have included a snort or two) at the antics that Stephanie, Lulu and her grandma found themselves in at the assisted living facility!  I loved seeing who the head security guard was and how he helped them get into The Clinic.  The dates between Stephanie and Ranger were my favorite!  I can't help it I am certainly Team Ranger at this point..though who knows after I read the next in the series (if there has been a major change since I am still behind please do NOT tell me!!)  I think I laughed the loudest at the references between Morelli's grandma and Tiki and I loved how Stephanie finally handled Logan and Tiki (so fitting!).  While I enjoyed the humor and story line of this book I also appreciated the references and flashbacks to some of the other stories by having the grave diggers, certain officers, memories, etc. discussed in this book!  I also appreciated the new information and insight into Ranger's past.  I thought that the addition to the book via his story line was genius and well scripted.  JE is an artist with her word play, showing depth and emotion even with humor and creating such realistic characters!

If you like to laugh, love romance and who done its..you should check out this series!  I checked it out initially because a work colleague that I respect said she loves it.  From the very first book I have literally chuckled or laughed outloud at many scenes.  I tell you this so you won't be embarrassed if you read it and laugh in public..people may stare at you (or so I hear)!

I have added the TV commercial from Janet Evanovich's website for your viewing pleasure!



Important Links

Links to Purchase Book


Disclaimer~ I bought this with my own money friends!  All thoughts and opinions are my own:)

Comments