The Whispers of the Fallen by JD Netto, Book Review

General Information
Genre~ Fantasy, Paranormal, YA
Publisher~ November 2012
Published~ Tristar Publishing Group

Book Summary (per Goodreads)
Ever since the dawn of days, rumors about the Diary of Lucifer echoed throughout Elysium. Hidden from all human knowledge, the Diary was kept a secret, locked away in the small village of Agalmath.

Isaac and Demetre find themselves in a dangerous journey as they uncover the truth about the Diary and those who guarded it for all these years. However, for Isaac and Demetre, danger lies at every step, hidden in the most unexpected places.

Hunted by the Nephilins and the Fallen Stars, they must find others who will join them in the battle against the coming darkness.


My Thoughts
From the cover (gorgeous), to story (captivating), to author interaction(so nice!).. this book, the first in a series, is out of this world good (literally:)-!!) I received this book, as well as the other two, via an Instagram giveaway.  When they arrived at my house I was immediately impressed with the quality of the cover, but more importantly I was excited to begin reading them because the pictures on Instagram and captured my curiosity and I had not come across a book that had the premise of Lucifer's diary.

If you enjoy descriptive language that takes you into a new world you will love to experience the world of Elysium.  From the beginning of this story until the end I was swept through the travels of the book-keepers, the Nephilins, the Fallen Stars and other mystical beings.  The imagery of the Creator and Lucifer was very creative and caused very graphic images of my head (hello the image of the Creator while Isaac first made his decision).  This would be an amazing book to have illustrated or if the proper visual effects could be implemented to become a movie.  The battle scenes played out in my head with the gore, the despair and for some the triumph.  There were twists and turns in the story that stumped the darkness and showed minute victories for the light or goodness.  What I enjoyed a great deal was that while the book obviously has these aspects of good, evil, light, darkness, etc. it does not try to preach or become a religious dialogue.  I do have favorite characters, but right now I am hesitant to say because the characters changed throughout the story..no not my opinion (though it did as well), but the actual souls within the characters!! By the end of the book I knew I would quickly proceed to book two to see how the different factions continued to rally and wage battle.

I have labeled this book with my Halloween tag solely because of the play on darkness, evil and the different creatures that appear.  The actual story does not revolve around or interact with the concept of Halloween:)  This book shows the relationship between good and evil, dives deep into the ideas and thoughts friendships, loyalty, doubt, fear, peace and more.   If you like stories that suck you into the story line and will make you think I would recommend this story!

Now y'all know I love me some book trailers and by far JD Netto has the most professional and gripping book trailers that I have come across!  Please enjoy:)

Important Links
Author
Series
Goodreads
Twitter
Facebook

Links to Purchase the Book
Untreed Reads Store
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Disclaimer~ I received this book as a giveaway.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Until my next post..love y'all!!

Comments