Fairest by Marissa Meyer, Book Review

General Information
Genre~ YA, Fantasy
Publisher~ Feiwel & Friends
Published~January 27th 2015 

Book Summary (Per Goodreads)
In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?


Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.


My Thoughts
This lady is twisted.  Obviously that was apparent from the first three books in the Lunar Chronicles, but this story sealed that deal.  I realize this provides background on the why of her behavior, but while I feel for some of the horrific actions she experienced I really just think she is the true epitome of a villain.  I must commend MM for creating such an intricate and deep villain.  

I watched several Youtube videos that said you didn't want to read this to read the Lunar Chronicles and while I understand that statement I do not 100% agree with it because after reading this book I feel like all of this background information has given me a bigger appreciation for the characters and the planning that went into this attack.

I enjoyed this story tremendously.  The background information on Winter, Selene, the virus, Winter's friend, all the ways Levana is cray..were amazing.  There are so many scenes in this book where I was like "she did not" or "OMG" ...I mean diabolical doesn't even cut close to some of the thing she did..hello becoming the vision of his dead wife..what the?!?!?!?! After reading this book I am even more excited to read Winter!

Important Links
*I have read all of the Lunar Chronicles (except for Winter..which I hope to get & read soon) this year...If you are interested here my reviews for; Cinder , Scarlet , and Cress
Author
Twitter
Facebook
Pinterest
Goodreads

Links to Purchase Book
Barnes & Noble
Indiebound


Disclaimer~ I borrowed this book from the library.

Until my next post...love y'all!!

Comments