Before (After #5) by Anna Todd, Book Review

General Information
Genre~ Romance, New Adult
Publisher~ Gallery Books
Published~ December 8, 2015

Book Summary (Per Goodreads)
Book Five of the After series—Anna Todd’s Wattpad fanfiction that racked up one billion reads online and captivated romance readers across the globe! As told by Hardin and other characters,Before will explore the hero’s life before he met Tessa, reveal what happens after After, give you new insights on their turbulent romance—and revel in the awesome power of true love. #HESSA

My Thoughts
Conflicted.  Part of this book I loved and thought yes that explains so much!  Part of this book I was not happy..at all.  However, to be honest it is not because of the writing, it is because I didn't agree with the outcome or characters...which I think is a good thing sometimes because it means AT wrote a series that I was invested in the characters and their outcomes.

I thought learning about some of the backstory with the characters that we see throughout or briefly mentioned in the first four books was brilliant.  I enjoy flashback style writing so it was neat to see that for different characters.  Slowly..and I do mean slowly..my opinions on Molly have gone all over this place and seeing her flashback made me rethink all her actions..still evil, but maybe not as bad..like holding up a small gap of a difference..but fascinating!  The aspect of Zed..just well it made me not like him even more (which is sad because initially I liked Zed)...maybe Hardin's issues took all the sympathy in this story, but when I read Zed's section all I could think was no please not a spin off.

If you liked the writing style, character development, relationship angst of the first four books you will love this book for all the same things.  If you did not like the first four because of the back and forth of the relationship, this book addresses the end and answers questions (though you may not like all the answers...I sure didn't).

I enjoyed reading this series and am still blown away by how each book has such a vast and wide spread response from abject hatred to absolute obsession.  It is an addictive story for sure, I am glad I read it, and extremely glad that AT provided this fifth book with a bit more insight and answers, but I am also pleased to finally see Hessa's story end and what I guess is a happy ending?!?

Important Links
*You can see my review to After hereAfter We Collided hereAfter We Fell here, and After Ever Happy here*
Author
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Goodreads

Links to Purchase Book
Amazon
Barnes & Noble


Until my next post...love y'all!!

Comments