Hot Ink (Inked in the Steel City Series #1) by Ranae Rose, Book Review

General Information
Genre~Romance
Published~ December 14, 2011

Book Summary (Per Goodreads)
Mina never meant to fall for her sexy tattoo artist, Eric, or to become a model. But when she’s asked to pose in a photo shoot for the Hot Ink tattoo studio, she can’t say no. She finally gets a look at Eric’s tattoos when they’re cajoled into posing together, and in a few breathtaking moments, an on-camera kiss turns the passion they’re asked to fake into something very real, leaving them both wanting more. The only problem is that Mina’s not the glamour girl she looks like on the Hot Ink posters, or even in a tattoo magazine. She’s only twenty-four, but being the sole guardian of her disabled younger sister has left her feeling much older. Will Eric still be interested when he gets to know the girl behind the ink and the make-up and finds out that she and her little sister are a package deal?

Book 1 in the Inked in the Steel City Series.


My Thoughts
Sweet and romantic, not what I expect from tattoo covers and romances (stereotypes I know), and I enjoyed it greatly!  Mina has gone through a lot in her life, but handles it so well.  Eric is the dreamy guy who is understanding, hot and seems perfect!  I thought their miscommunication were hilarious and made me appreciate them as a couple even more when they did finally figure it out. I thought the scenes and characters were extremely well developed and relateable.  I appreciate that there was a villain in this story (who doesn't love a good villain angle), but I was swept away with how much I laughed and enjoyed the scenes with the sister and friend!  Talk about supportive and glass half full people.  I look forward to reading more from this author and the Steel City Series!

Important Links
Author
Goodreads
Twitter

Links to Purchase Book
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Until my next post...love y'all!!

Comments